Fix the app and start getting automatic updates again
by Tashreef Shareef
Windows & Software Expert
Tashreef Shareef is a software developer turned tech writer. He discovered his interest in technology after reading a tech magazine accidentally. Now he writes about everything tech from... read more
Reviewed byVlad Turiceanu
Passionate about technology, Windows, and everything that has a power button, he spent most of his time developing new skills and learning more about the tech world. Coming... read more
- The Dell Update application automatically updates critical updates on Dell laptops.
- If the Dell Update application is not working, you can repair it from your settings or reinstall it from Control Panel.
- You can as well use dedicated driver software that will update your old drivers automatically.
XINSTALL BY CLICKING THE DOWNLOAD FILE
This software will repair common computer errors, protect you from file loss, malware, hardware failure and optimize your PC for maximum performance. Fix PC issues and remove viruses now in 3 easy steps:
- Download Restoro PC Repair Tool that comes with Patented Technologies (patent available here).
- Click Start Scan to find Windows issues that could be causing PC problems.
- Click Repair All to fix issues affecting your computer's security and performance
- Restoro has been downloaded by 0 readers this month.
Dell is one of the best laptop brands, thanks to many of its built-in features. One of its powerful features is Dell Update.
This application automatically updates critical fixes and important device drivers as they become available. However, several users have reported the dell Update to be broken.
The Dell Update for Windows 10 not working issue can occur if the application files are corrupted. In some instances, you may experience the problem if multiple instances of the app are running on your system.
Irrespective of the cause of the issue, this guide will show you how to fix it for good.
Does Dell Command update work on Windows 11?
The straightforward answer is YES! Users of the new OS will need the Universal Windows Platform version for Windows 11, however, the Dell update application exists for Windows 10.
This standalone application for client computers called Dell Command Update offers updates for Dell-released system software.
The firmware,BIOS,driver, and application update process for Dell client devices is made simpler by this application. The CVE (Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures)are addressed in this release.
Are Dell updates necessary?
While Dell updates are good, they are not crucial to the successful running of your PC. This is because the Windows operating system tells you if you need any updates.
From here, you can install them directly or go to the Dell website to download them.
What is the latest version of Dell Update?
The latest version of the Dell Update is 4.6. It was released in August 2022, alongside the Alienware Update.
There are two downloads available for the Update: The Windows Universal Application and the Windows 32 and 64 bits version for Microsoft Windows 8.1 and 10. You can download the Dell Update from the official website.
What can I do if Windows 11 update is not working?
1. Repair the Dell Update app
- Press theWindows key + Rto open Run.
- Typecontroland clickOK.This will open the Control Panel.
- Select thePrograms option.
- Now, choose Programs and Features.
- Locate and select theDell Update or Dell Update for Windows Universalapp from the list of installed apps.
- Click onUninstalland then clickYeswhen prompted by UAC.
- In the Setup screen, click theRepairbutton.
- The repair tool will scan the system for missing and corrupted files and apply the required fixes.
- Once finished, close the troubleshooter and restart your system.
After the restart, launch the Dell Update application if it does not start automatically. Check if the app is working again.
The built-in repair function can fix any issues with the app, including the Dell Update not working problem, as it can be due to corrupted or missing files.
2. Reinstall the Dell Update app
- Press theWindows key + R.
- Typeappwiz.cpland clickOKto open Control Panel.
- SelectDell Update or Dell Update for Windows Universal from the list of installed apps.
- Click onUninstall.
- ClickYeswhen prompted by User Account Control.
- In the Setup screen, click onUninstall/Remove.
- Follow on-screen instructions to uninstall the app completely.
- Once uninstalled, restart the computer.
- After the restart, go to the Dell Update page and download the file.
- Run the installer and wait for it to complete.
- Relaunch the app and check if the issue is resolved.
Some PC issues are hard to tackle, especially when it comes to corrupted repositories or missing Windows files. If you are having troubles fixing an error, your system may be partially broken.
We recommend installing Restoro, a tool that will scan your machine and identify what the fault is.
Click hereto download and start repairing.
Reinstalling the app seems to have fixed the Dell Update not working or won’t open for many users. However, if the problem persists,uninstall the app using one of the best uninstaller software.
Does the problem persist? Try running the app as an administrator. Run the app with administrative privilege. To do this, right-click on the app’s desktop shortcut and select Run as Administrator.
Still not working? If the problem occurs after updating the app, uninstall the latest version, and install the previous version from Dell’s support center.
- Fix: We Couldn’t Install This Update (Error 0xc1900101)
- 5 Ways to Fix the Black Screen When Playing Games on PC
3. Use a driver update software
A great way to fix this issue with your Dell Update app is to install or update your drivers automatically.
With DriverFix, you can first scan your PC for outdated or missing drivers and have a detailed report in a very short time.
The software provides an extensive database with millions of official driver files that can be downloaded within the platform.
Additionally, there is a download manager and a driver backup feature that will deliver practical support to secure your driver files and see the progress of each driver file.
Another great workaround to fix this problem on your Dell app is with automated software that will update any drivers in minutes.
Hence, using DriverFix can efficiently repair your broken update program by updating old drivers or missing ones that may generate this kind of issue on your Dell PC.
Use this driver manager tool to resolve any app malfunctions and boost your PC performance.
Does Dell automatically update drivers?
The Dell Update app is designed to receive drivers and application updates automatically. What it does with this update depends on your preference.
If you have a business client platform, you can use the Dell Command Update, which can help install updates automatically depending on your settings.
The Dell Update for Windows 10 not working issue can occur due to a glitch in the app. You can fix the problem by repairing the installation.
If the issue persists, install the Dell Update application using an uninstaller. These, with the other fixes in this guide, should help you solve the problem.
Feel free to let us know if you were able to make Dell Update work again on your PC.
Still having issues? Fix them with this tool:
If the advices above haven't solved your issue, your PC may experience deeper Windows problems. We recommend downloading this PC Repair tool (rated Great on TrustPilot.com) to easily address them. After installation, simply click the Start Scan button and then press on Repair All.
This article covers:Topics:
- Fix Driver issues
Was this page helpful?
Start a conversation